Five Good Things


Last weekend I came down with a little bug and spent the week trying to repeat the "mind over matter" mantra and convince myself (and everyone at work) that I'm not sick. I just can't seem to kick this nasty lingering cough, but it's not going to stop me from making the most out of my weekend. There are too many cafes that need sitting at and boutiques to be shopped in!

1. I've got this little side project called Chasing Spraypaint that I've been slowly but surely growing over the past year or so. Street art is one of my favorite things in life, and it's how I've come to navigate cities and familiarize myself with neighborhoods all over the world. It's gotten to the point where I can accurately Google Map navigate you through cities to some of my favorite pieces. Weird, I know. This weekend I was able to get out in my own city and discover pieces by fnnch, Caratoes, and Meggs out in North Beach which was a definite highlight to my month thus far. I've missed going out on art adventures!

2. To tie into that last note, I was feeling well inspired post-street art tour of SF's Little Italy, so when I came home I finally brought out my first stencil I'd worked on a few months ago to put it to the test. I'm actually pretty happy with how my jackalope  (#ultimatespiritanimal) turned out in my Moleskine, but I don't think I'm quite ready to take it out into the real world yet.

3. My best friend (and roommate) is suffering through a weekend in hell down in Havasu because the bride who asked her to be the maid of honor is sabotaging her own bachelorette weekend. She spent too much time and effort planning for the bride to throw a weekend-long grumpy fit tantrum... so I'm prepping a little welcome home kit for her today for when she comes back, foil balloon and all!

4. I'm really craving a wardrobe update, but I can't quite figure out what I'm looking for. Not even ASOS can provide me with inspiration (I know, the horror!). I have been eyeing up these adorable oxfords though – unsure if I can pull them off, but they'd be so perfect for comfy-casual work days!

5. After postponing my bi-monthly grocery run by an extra week and a half (things got real rough in the kitchen... like, potato chips became my daily serving of "vegetable") I finally have a decently stocked fridge! I think I'm going to attempt this yummy looking Broccoli Quinoa Casserole to take to lunch this week.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall